Advanced Certificate In Modern Audio Production
Course type: Studio Recording and Audio Engineering
After completing this course, students should be able to
- Understand and master basic digital recording and mixing techniques
- Application of editing methods, techniques for recording vocals or musical instruments
- Recognize and apply sound effect adjustment and processing skills
- Cultivate the ability of critical-listening and music appreciation
- Understand the setup of studio equipment and the functions of ProTools
This course is taught by well experienced music producers and industry professionals, including:
Lee Wai Ming
or other relevant professional Modern Audio Production instructors
Lee Wai Ming
- Those who intend to join the recording and mixing industry OR
- Those who want to receive professional recording and mixing training
- Chinese proficiency attain Secondary 3 level AND
- Qualified at the Royal Academy of Music Music Theory Level 5 or equivalent OR
- Passed audition (including submission of personal works, submission of musical training background, etc. Please contact our staff for details.)
Medium of Instruction
Mainly in Cantonese (supplemented in English)
Course Assessment and Certificate Awarding
- To successfully complete the entire course, the student must attain 70% of attendance rate per semester and complete the assessment (a pass on overall average score). The passing score is 50 marks.
- Those who successfully complete the entire course will be awarded the “Cerificate of Completion in Advanced Certificate in Modern Audio Production” by Baron School of Music.
- Course evaluation includes assignments, classroom practice, etc.
In order to meet the learning needs, students need to configure the following basic recording and mixing equipment at home by themselves:
- Digital Audio Interface
- Computer software (Antares Auto-Tune, Pro Tools) and iLok USB key instructor will further introduce during class.
- Basics of Audio & Digital Audio Acoustics
- Recording Standards & Formats
- Recording and editing in Pro Tools
- Understanding The Edit & Mixer Windows in Pro Tools
- Editing Tools & Technique
- Importing/Exporting Audio & Creating A Mix-Down
- Studio Recording Technique
- Types of MicrophonesVocal Recording & Acoustic Instruments Recording
- Mixing Technique
- Tone quality & dynamic Control
- Audio Plug-Ins In Protocols
- Special Effects
- Basic knowledge of musical instruments
- Judgement on balancing, panning and points to aware during mixing
*Baron School of Music reserves the right to change the content and rules of the original course or unit at any time, including but not limited to the start date, content, Medium of instruction, number of classes, class time, location, instructor, course fees, regulations, etc. If the number of applicants is insufficient, Baron School of Music reserves the right to cancel or postpone courses or units. Students should pay attention to the latest information changes released by Baron School of Music through official email notifications or through other channels.