After completing the course, students should be able to
- Fill in the lyrics for the original song through actual opportunities
- Learn more about the writing elements that lyricists should pay attention to, particularly the lyric-writing skills of commercial songs
- Learn the skills of communicating with the music producer as a lyricist
- Experience the process of recording works in the recording studio
Anyone who loves lyric-writing, has basic lyric-writing skills and intends to continually improve the lyric-writing skills
Language(s) of instruction
Mainly in Cantonese
Kin Yan / Cheung Cho Kiu / Yu Yau Yiu, etc. or other relevant instructor
- Have attended “Certificate In Cantonese Lyric-Writing” or “Pop Song Lyric-Writing(Cantonese and Mandarin)” or
- Non-lyric-writing students of our school or students outside the school are required to submit their pieces for review. For details, please inquire with our staff.
- Except for studio classes, all classes will be taught face-to-face or online
- If you need to access online learning, the course will be using Zoom or the same software for teaching(you can download it for free online)
Course assessment and certificate awarding
- To successfully complete the entire course, the student must maintain 70% of attendance rate per semester and completed an assessment (a pass on overall average score). The passing score is 50 marks.
- Course evaluation includes classroom performance, assignments, etc.
- In-depth analysis of various skills in lyric-writing through practicing with an unpublished song
- Provide pertinence suggestions for students’ pieces to improve students’ artistic level and market value
- Experience the song recording process
- Share the process and experience of the communication between the lyricist and producer
- Instructed by the lyricist or producer to understand how to improve the piece in response to the needs of the singer and producer