After completing the course, students should be able to
- Fill in the lyrics for the original song through actual opportunities
- Learn more about the writing elements that lyricists should pay attention to, particularly the lyric-writing skills of commercial songs
- Learn the skills of communicating with the music producer as a lyricist
- Experience the process of recording works in the recording studio
Kin Yan / Cheung Cho Kiu / Yu Yau Yiu, etc. or other relevant instructor
Cheung Cho Kiu
Yu Yau Yiu
Anyone who loves lyric-writing, has basic lyric-writing skills and intends to continually improve the lyric-writing skills.
- Have attended “Certificate In Cantonese Lyric-Writing” or “Pop Song Lyric-Writing(Cantonese and Mandarin)” or
- Non-lyric-writing students of our school or students outside the school are required to submit their pieces for review. For details, please inquire with our staff.
- Except for studio classes, all classes will be taught face-to-face or online
- If you need to access online learning, the course will be using Zoom or the same software for teaching(you can download it for free online
Language(s) of instruction
Mainly in Cantonese
Course assessment and certificate awarding
- To successfully complete the entire course, the student must maintain 70% of attendance rate per semester and completed an assessment (a pass on overall average score). The passing score is 50 marks.
- Course evaluation includes classroom performance, assignments, etc.
- In-depth analysis of various skills in lyric-writing through practicing with an unpublished song
- Provide pertinence suggestions for students’ pieces to improve students’ artistic level and market value
- Experience the song recording process
- Share the process and experience of the communication between the lyricist and producer
- Instructed by the lyricist or producer to understand how to improve the piece in response to the needs of the singer and producer